In the spirit of healing and engaging a whole recovery, we encourage involvement from family, friends, and partners in your treatment. Family therapy is an essential component of recovery from an eating disorder. Successful healing means more than just stopping behaviors: It means being back in your life in a connected way, including the relationships that are most important to you.
Family therapy sessions are 75 minutes in length, typically once per week.
Whether you are dating, living together, or married, couples therapy can provide a critical intervention to strengthen the intimate bond and identify trouble spots in communication patterns. This is especially useful when one partner is struggling with an eating disorder, as the disorder can become a “third partner” in the relationship.
Couples Therapy sessions are 60-90 minutes in length, typically once per week, and often for a limited period of time.
Parent and Caregiver Support group
This weekly support group is available for family members and caregivers of those struggling with an eating disorder. The Parent & Caregiver Support Group is intended to provide support and education for those affected by a loved one’s eating disorder.
Weekly Sessions Will:
- Encourage and support parents and caregivers in efforts to help their child/loved one overcome an eating disorder
- Provide parents and caregivers with an opportunity to express both positive and negative feelings associated with the caregiving experience
- Connect with fellow parents and caregivers in addressing problem-solving difficulties they have experienced, and sharing ideas that have helped the recovery process
- Empower parents and caregivers to choose more proactive coping mechanisms, and engage with recovery tools and skills through Therapist-Led sessions
- Educate parents and caregivers about eating disorders
- Special Sessions will include “Ask the Nutritionist” and “Sibling Support Night”