Start Date: Monday July 6th 2015 thru Monday August 24th 2015
This 8-week group provides a confidential, supportive environment for individuals who wish to address patterns of disordered eating, issues of body image & relationship to self and others. This group helps build in the Gentle Voice to create more empathy and self-compassion. This groups helps address the feelings of shame and fear common in eating disorders, but particularly evident in clients with binging & compulsive eating behaviors. This group is based on the work of Dr. Brene Brown a clinical researcher who has spent the last 12 years studying vulnerability, courage, worry & shame.
The group is based on Dr. Brown's 10 principles of WholeHearted Living:
- Letting go of what people think, and cultivating Authenticity
- Letting go of perfectionism, and cultivating Self-Compassion
- Letting go of numbing and powerlessness, and cultivating Resilient Spirit
- Letting go of scarcity and fear of the dark, and cultivating Gratitude and Joy
- Letting go of need for certainty, and cultivating Intuition and Trusting Faith
- Letting go of comparison, and cultivating Creativity
- Letting go of exhaustion and productivity as self-worth, and cultivating Play and Rest
- Letting go of anxiety as a lifestyle, and cultivating Calm and Stillness
- Letting go of self-doubt and “supposed to,” and cultivating Meaningful Work
- Letting go of being cool and “always in control,” and cultivating Laughter, Song and Dance
Upper West Side location, convenient to all public transportation.